Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy fathers day!!!

Sending MUCH love from China to all the father's out there (especially my father!!! hi dad!).

My favorite HK building ("ohhhh SHINEY!!!")

Blister anyone? (sharing is caring! :o)

A new friend! (Karl Siu is a keen Hong Kong student who face book stalked me, messaged me, randomly met up with me (to practice his english?) and ended up being my tour guide for the day! Thanks Karl!)

The BEST Japanese green tea bean pancake thing ever.
and YES it is as good as looks *oooze

Thursday night partying (5:47AM)Saturday night partying (5:46AM)

Back in Grade 5 I used to be best friends with these two guys Cad and Mick in Canada. In grade 6 they moved to Hong Kong and we lost touch. A few months ago Mick facebook messaged me and we started to talk again. Yesterday we met up for the first time in 8 years!!!
Oh how we've grown up... sigh.

PS mom I told Cad and Mick you say hi! :o)

on a final note...

Bboying (or "breakdancing" as some call it) is an AMAZING thing.
I've been hanging out with Rhythmattack the top HK bboy crew for the past few days going to practices, clubs, internet gaming bars and just going about the city. I find it amazing how everywhere I go (even if the language is different) I can find so many people through dancing.
Moral of the story... I love break dancing? that'll do.

much love and a turtle dove.

- Mikey

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

the green tea red bean paste looks so gross... but yummy! I think only chinese people could ever connect gross with yummy hahaha. have you tried stinky tofu yet?

Anonymous said...

honestly I just took a gross picture of the pancake thing. it was actually really good looking before I bit it and it was warm.. awwww yea...
ohh and yes.. I have tried stinky tofu.. very... stinky.

Anonymous said...

do you have time on wednesday? let's bring you to cheung chau and happy valley

pls send me an email/call me

karl

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great time Mike! We all miss you here (although your Dad's moved and left no forwarding address). Enjoy the rest of your trip! Happy flying!!

Uncle G.

Anonymous said...

MIKEY! Finally got to go over your blog...looks like you've been having a great time over there! Some of your pics crack me up esp. those ones from Japan. I heard that you went to b&s in Tokyo... HOW NICE

Will look forward your update.
Take care!
Makiko

Anonymous said...

That was my favourite building in hk too!

Side note: I totally creep on to this blog... everyday to see your adventures. Clearly, you are having an awesome time, and I wish I could be there. Hopefully I have a trip like this is in my future.
Side Side note: I showed everyone at work that picture of a real-life Japanese yellow pokemon guy (Pikachu?), and it was the highlight of the week.

Enjoy the rest of your trip! (I know you will, but thought I would throw that in for good measure)

Christina Mangal (your 2006 HK/China travel buddy)

reem said...

Mikey,

Stumble over to Manila.

Come see me!

Glad you are having a blast.

Much love

Reem

sinbadinho said...

hahhahahah!
I'm dying right now Mikkey! Luv your Blog!
It's Ofilio!
hey I just had that stinky Tofu thingy last week and damnnn the smell of that thing is bad!
Green Tea is da bomb though! and the Japanese pancakes with sweet stuff are dope too!
It's the never ending Asian Food Chronicles! Luv it!
Hey only have day off on sundays so let me know until when you'll be aroung HK.

Michele said...

aw mikey you are so lucky you are still traveling..

i'm back in toronto and its so depressing... I need to find a job that pays me to travel hahaha.

hopefully see you in august, unless i succeed in finding such a job, then maybe i'll meet you in asia right before you leave hehehe

Anonymous said...

You grew a lincoln beard!! wickit.
Yo guyyy.. asia looks sick... u inspire me to get off my butt and go to first markham place and pacific mall. ur comments are exquisite and sleek. and somehow the thumbs up pictures never get old. continue to have fun, but come back fool.
ur bro from a different ho-ly place (aka mom)-matty rose