Sunday, July 27, 2008

Goodbye FOR NOW. A journey well begun is half done.

1 week left until I'm home.
See you soon my friends.
Enjoy the last few blogs (maybe only 2 more after this)!

Ghost stories by the Yulong River under the stars.
My last goodbye to my LAST class. See you soon my friends and I know you will all make it!
Dream big.
Since goodbyes weren't enough from the group above they made me a going away present.
Can't wait to reunite Chinada!!!
the OFFICIAL crew (last night in Yangshuo partying it up ALL night at LOOVE bar)
My AWESOME 10 minute sleep at LOOVE bar before hitting the airport to Huangshan.
I always keep my cell phone, my rose and my ninja sword on me in China... just in case.
UNITY in Yangshuo.
Ready to swim folks!? The current of the Yulong River may be strong but nothing can stop this Chinese fashion statement.
Stussy starting the BBQ next to the Yulong.
This journey was one of my last nights but one of my best memories. Thanks bro.Swimming anyone?
How about some of my famous river chicken?
(BBQed by me on our ghetto stone BBQ)
Haircut on the streets. (check out my barber's shirt!!! Pimpin!!!) Kong. Another great new friend from Yangshuo.
Kong has the kindest heart but struggles to learn English. Kong came to Yangshuo to learn English by working at a bar. I was there when he went through some tough times but I supported him all the way and spoke with him as much as possible to help him practice his English. I know you will find your way bro!
My LAST school!!! *tear...
(School # 5 out of 5 that I taught at in 3 weeks)
This sign is proof of why they need great english teachers like me.
haha. oh... I mean...
I love my school!
Why do topics always have to end in the gutter when teaching adults?
Hilarity and learning all in one!
2 girls from ANOTHERr class I taught. One of the smiliest groups I've worked with so far. This was the last time I saw these 2 girls. I hope their smiles go on for miles!
I'm going to miss you Yangshuo.
I've been gone 2 days and I already miss my Yangshuo family...
Mark, Nina, Stussy, Stussy's friend, Tina, Kong, Emily x 2, Willow, Oman, Billy x 2, Mr. Wonderful, Lily, Carol, Snake, Julie, Rebecca, Fang Fang, Ben, Sophia, Smoch, Thomas, Mike, Faber, Evonne, Milk, Justin, Vicky x 2, Kelly, Ms. Helen Wu, Kirk, Mr. Lee, Hope, Zoe, Aaron, George, Nina's brother, Nina's mom, ALL of the students & teachers from all of my schools: Omeca / Landscape / Nanning / Xie Jie / Xie Jie West, the BBoys of Guilin, all my dancing students, all the people who I met who I don't remember your names x 100's... see you soon.
- Mikey ... at Huangshan mountain ( missing home... Yangshuo and Toronto).
PS mountain pictures coming soon.
I just needed to do a proper last, goodbye post and salute to Yangshuo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! One more week?! Make it the best last week of your life there Mikey! Keep up the goodness and fun-ness...!

julz said...

nice post, but i have two questions:

1) WHY do you have a clown wig and cape?

2) WHAT did you do to your blue UNITY t-shirt!?!

I agree with with adrians post..soak up all the fun you can in your last week!

Ben said...

I am glad to see you in the new joy in the work of the shadow.
Your blog's content is very exciting.