Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yanshuo. my new favorite place.

Me and Johnny about 1 hour into our bike ride (it had just begun)

Driving between endless mountains for a 4 hour bike ride today. Somehow we made it back on bamboo rafts down the river because if we didn't find these rafts I don't know how we would've gone 4 hours back in the other direction. Sometimes luck is on your side.
An amazing small village that we had the priveldge to stumble upon. really shows how people can live truly happy lives with a very basic standard of living. Not out to get new cars, just out to raise healthy families.
Some kids at a local playground (bad joke.)

Climbing the rice field mountains of Longshen. Once again... UNREAL.

Hats off to the Li River! (between Guilin and Yangshuo)

Need I say anything about this one? and if you're wondering ... no i didn't try it!

One thing that amazes me about CHINA is just when you think you've seen the most beautiful scenery that exists, the mountains, rivers, rice fields and even wild life prove you wrong.

Scenery for days, and I hope it never ends.
I've never felt so at peace with myself and the things around me.
People in Yangshuo have it good. There is no such thing as rich people here. Everyone gets by and seems to be very happy the way things are. I love the family vibe out here, so nice.

I've been doing lots of hat tricks for random little kids and they seem to love it.
I battled 3 five year old girls in dancing today in a small village. I showed them whats up.
I didn't know what they were saying and they were asking me for money so I just started dancing and then we battled. It was very wierd. If I can figure out how to post a video I will because it's quite hilariously ridiculously awesome.

After a 5 hour bike ride today on the mountains we are just about to go out for some drinks and relax. I can't wait to sleep! :o)

We are staying at a hostel called the Yangshuo culture house. It is quite amazing as well. We live here with a family who cooks us breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also teach you taichee, chinese calligraphy, cooking and sooo much more all for the cost of the room. The hostel costs us $10 Canadian per night with all that fancy stuff I mentioned included. Pretty sweet deal!
Plus the owner is AMAZING and he said if I moved to Yangshuo he'd help me start up a business here. Hopefully we can start up some branches of UNITY world wide in the next few years. Now we have potential contacts in the Phillipines, Japan, UK, Yangshuo, Guangzhou and soon to be other parts of China.

Anyways I seem to be rambling but I truly hope you are enjoying my blog as much as I'm enjoying posting it.

peace and UNITE!

- Mikey
LOVING it
in Yangshuo, China

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, That bike trip looks amazing! 4 hours is a lot man, were you fit enough? haha

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you are having an incredible time, mikey!

Anonymous said...

yo bboy, trip looks unreal man, keep on doin your thing, these posts are wicked, and stay away from small children, they are trickier than meets the eye, haha peace out \
- bboy shrek

Anonymous said...

Dammit, WHY did you not try the super sex soup!? Or the sleeping chicken! Cmon.. doooo it...

jsy

Anonymous said...

oooo two wheels of sexyness. Hehe sex-soup.. you'll need it after the bike ride :P

Anonymous said...

I am luvin the picture of the small Chinese village. It's like something from a movie scene!